How to use Kocoono™ Weighted Blankets in the Summer
Hot days are coming and many of you have asked if you can still use your Kocoono™ Weighted Blanket in the Summer. The answer is Yes!
With Kocoono™ Weighted Blankets you can keep applying the Deep Pressure Therapy to relax your body and improve your sleep this summer.
All our Kocoono™ Weighted Blankets have 100% cotton inner fabric, which is extra-breathable, ideal for keeping you cool on the hottest days. They are filled with glass beads, which are typically cooler than plastic and helps you regulate your body temperature.
We have many customers in Ireland and the UK that use their Kocoono Weighted Blankets all year round: summer time & winter!
One side of the Kocoono™ Weighted blankets is made from a minky or velvet material (you can choose either of them) and the other side is made from luxurious breathable cotton designed to regulate your body temperature .Visit this blog to learn more about the differences between our Minky and Velvet fabric and how to use Kocoono Weighted Blanket with your duvet in Winter.
There are some tips that you can take in account to get the most of your Kocoono Weighted Blanket in the Summer. Pay attention to them!:
Tips to use your Kocoono Weighted Blanket in the Summer
- Use the 100% cotton side closest to your skin. Some of our customers use the outer Minky fabric closest to their body in Winter because this fabric is warmer and fluffier. We recommend you use the breathable cotton side on your body for keeping you cool on the hottest days.
- Use a sheet between your body and your Kocoono™ Weighted Blanket to prevent extra washing. You can use a cooling sheet if you sleep hot in Summer to cool you down.
- All our Kocoono™ Weighted Blankets come with a removable cover that can safely be put in the washing machine . Wash them as many times as you need. You can check the washing instructions here.
- Use the Kocoono without your duvet. We always recommend using Kocoono with your regular duvet in Winter since Kocoono is not designed for heat per se. We have many customers in Ireland and the UK that would use both the duvet and their Kocoono weighted blanket all year round. If you feel that both are too much for the Summer, get rid of your duvet and start using Kocoono with just a sheet!
- Still not enough to cool you down? Use the exclusive cooling effect of the Kocoono LUXE weighted blanket by removing its inner weighted bands and placing them in the freezer. Keep reading to learn how to use this feature!
Kocoono™ Weighted Blanket LUXE: The Cooling Weighted Blanket that will keep you cool this summer!
Our Kocoono™ Weighted Blanket LUXE is the most versatile version of our Kocoono™ Blankets. Since this version is customisable, you can remove the inner weighted bands and put them in the freezer for a cooling effect. This feature will allow you to cool down your body before you nod off. Ideal for the hottest days in Summer or relieve any aches and pains, aid minor sports injuries or symptoms of menopause such as hot flushes.
Note: Kocoono™ Weighted Blanket LUXE comes fully assembled. Some of our customers never remove the inner weighted bands that come inside. This is an optional feature that allows you to adjust the weight and remove some weight around certain areas (if you don't like pressure on certain areas). The inner weighted bands of the Kocoono Weighted Blanket LUXE can be safely inserted in the freezer for applying an extra cooling effect.
How to use the cooling effect of the Kocoono™ Weighted Blanket LUXE?
You just need to follow these simple steps and recommendations to use the cooling effect with the Kocoono™ Weighted Blanket LUXE 👇
1. Extract the inner Kocoono™ Weighted Bands
Removing the inner Kocoono™ Weighted bands will take all of 2 mins max!
2. Place the Kocoono™ Weighted bands into a sealed plastic bag and insert them into the freezer for the desired length of time.
The amount of Kocoono™ weighted bands you insert into the freezer is a matter of preference. We found that inserting three of them
- one from the upper blanket,
- one from the middle of the blanket and
- one from the bottom of the blanket is enough to keep your body cool throughout the night.
You should place the inner Kocoono™ weighted bands into the freezer for 30-45 minutes to have a cooling effect of approximately 4 h. The plastic bag is important to prevent dampness and protect the bands!
3. Reinsert the Kocoono™ Weighted bands back in the blanket
It will take you less than 5 min to put all the Kocoono™ inner weighted bands back in. If you only removed one or two it will take you much less time. There are two openings down the length of the blanket on the top side of it where you can place your hands to easily put them in and out of the Luxe blanket!
4. Enjoy your cooling Kocoono™ Weighted Blanket LUXE!
Get snuggled into bed and enter a deep sleep while enjoying the deep touch pressure provided by your Kocoono weighted blanket LUXE while also experiencing the cooling effect that allow you to have the best quality and quantity sleep in summertime!
When you can use the Cooling effect of the Kocoono Weighted Blanket LUXE?
The cooling effect of the Kocoono Weighted Blanket LUXE can be used not just for cooling down your body in the Summer. It provides Cold Therapy and is useful in many different situations. Have a look at some of them:
- Hot sleepers who desire to cool down the body to nod off
- Aid to relieve the muscle pain and stiffness caused by Osteoarthritis
- The Kocoono weighted blanket LUXE can also be known as the anxiety blanket: Feeling too hot at night can increase levels of anxiety, use the cooling bands to regulate your body and reduce feelings of anxiousness
- For night sweats and hot flushes during sleep really common during Menopause.
- For sports injuries, muscle pain or swellings
Now that many of the sporting activities are back outside it is so important to mind the body and ensure good repair time, the cooling effect can be a great addition to your wellness programme to place on those tired muscles after a hard day exercising and making sure you get the best sleep possible!