Yes! Our Kocoono Weighted Blankets are safe for children over 4 years as long as you choose our LUXE version, which is customisable. With the Kocoono Weighted Blanket LUXE you can adjust the weight to their little bodies.
Sleep is crucial for everyone but especially for your child, who is developing both mentally and physically.
A child with a good nights sleep is a happier child! Not getting enough sleep can make your child irritable and impact the entire families sleep quality negatively! Also, it negatively impacts their learning process, attention in school, and overall Mental and Physical Health.
We found that inadequate sleep routines, nightmares or the need to sleep close to the parents are, on many occasions, the main reasons why children wake up in the middle of the night, affecting their quality sleep.
Kocoono Weighted Blankets are designed to relax the body and sleep deeper. If the child struggles to sleep, a Kocoono may be beneficial, as it does help to ground and reduces the need to twist and turn. The Kocoono LUXE also imitates the feeling of a hug with its exclusive shoulder embrace, so they will feel cocooned and safe at night (hence where the name came from Cocoon Blankets)! We recommend combining the use of the Kocoono Weighted Blankets with sleep hygiene routines for your child.
If you are thinking of buying a Kocoono to support the sleep of the little ones of the house, keep reading! We will give you tips and recommendations to choose the best option for them!
At what age can a child use a weighted blanket?
We start recommending using a Kocoono Weighted blanket for children aged 4 and over. When it comes to our little ones our Kocoono™ LUXE is the best choice as it is customisable so you can add or remove the weights. This option is perfect for children as it can grow with your child.
How heavy should a Kocoono Weighted blanket be for a child?
We recommend starting with the 5kg weighted blanket (as this is our lightest weight) and removing the required weighted bands to suit your child and you simply reinsert the weighted bands as the child grows.
How can I adjust the weight of Kocoono LUXE to my child?
You should choose the lightest Kocoono LUXE weighted blanket option for your child, which is the 5kg one (designed for someone who weighs 50kg or 8 stones), and from there adjust the weight. Here we explain to you how to do this:
- Kocoono LUXE has 11 inner weighted bands (9 large bands that stretch across the body and 2 small ones for around the neck that conform and act as the Shoulder Embrace) .
- The 9 inner weighted bands have the same weight distributed across the 6 pockets sewn into each channel.
- You will need to remove the required amount of large weighted bands to suit the child , considering that each inner weighted band weighs approx 0.5 kg for the 5kg version and you need to get to 10% of your child´s body weight.
- For example, if your child weighs only 25kg (4 stone) you would remove approx half of the inner weighted bands.
- The best way to do this is to remove the weighted bands in the lower half of the blanket.
- Then, you can add the weighted bands as the child grows. This is more environmentally and cost friendly than needing to purchase a new blanket at each growth spurt.
The 5 Top Benefits of Kocoono Weighted Blanket LUXE for your child
- Anxiety Relief
- Sensory Input
- Better Sleep Quality
- Calms the Nervous System
- Improves classroom performance
The 4 unique features that make Kocoono LUXE the perfect choice for your child
- Customisable: It has11 removable inner weighted bands You can remove the required amount of them in the lower half to suit the 10% of the child's weight & add the weighted bands again when he/she grows. You won't need to buy another Weighted Blanket at each growth spurt!
- Curved neck cut out that fits smoothly over the shoulders and moves with your child.
- The Integrated Shoulder Embrace applies gentle pressure on the shoulder and makes them feel hugged and safe. This is ideal for children who suffer from night terrors or those that need to be hugged by their parents to fall asleep.
- 100% cotton on one side / Soft Minky fabric on the other. Children usually find the Minky side soothing & comforting. We have Velvet for those who prefer a more textured feeling. 100% full cotton version coming soon!
Is a Kocoono Weighted Blanket safe for toddlers?
We don't recommend Kocoono blankets for any child under the age of 4. The concept of the Kocoono Weighted Blanket is based on deep touch pressure, so if the baby is having difficulty sleeping, it might be beneficial to look up some simple deep touch pressure techniques that can help relax their bodies. There are some fab online courses on reflexology with toddlers which work great for helping them calm down and relax their little bodies..
Lucy Johns from the UK is a professional in children's reflexology. If you want to learn more about reflexology techniques to help your child, you can visit her tutorials on her YouTube and check out her online courses on her web. Here we share a tutorial from her YouTube channel where she shows reflexology techniques to help your baby sleep. We hope you find it helpful!
Contact us for any questions. We will be glad to help you!
We ship our Kocoono Weighted Blankets to Ireland and the UK from our Warehouses in Galway and Northern Ireland in only a matter of days. Be sure to pop into the chatbot if you have any further questions or pop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to answer any little question you might have.